Thursday, January 25, 2007

Road Trip!


Yesterday Karen kidnapped me from work for a quick road trip to New Orleans to visit the cross stitch stores there. We got a late start so fortunately they were open late. First we went to Acadian Corner. I was able to get all of the beads, treasures, and Kreinik for all of my upcoming products. Michelle has an amazing selection of this stuff. She not only had what I needed but, actually had extra on the rack. I got every single bead I needed. I was pretty impressed. After there, we went to find a King Cake. Well, we got sidetracked and stopped off at a Hallmark store and did a little damage there. My friend Angel's shop was across the street so we stopped off there for a minute, then it was off to our last stop. That shop, Accents in Stitches had lots of fleur de lis charts. I think that is her specialty. I did really good there. I only got a needle magnet. After that it was off to dinner then a visit to the 2 story Target and then home. All in all it was a good day.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, sounds like you had a fun trip! Wish I could step out from work and end up in New Orleans so easily... I could get to Boston, but that is just not so very appealing in January - LOL!

Anonymous said...

Look at all those beads. You must be thrilled to have found every one you needed.

Autumn said...

Hmmm..I might need some fleur de lis charts...although I harbor a grudge against Accents in Stitches.

Theresa said...

Loved the Trellis, it really came out pretty. Also had a good time Thursday night!