Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quick Update

My internet access has been iffy all day so I thought I would go ahead and update. Sorry, no pictures from the empty Walmart. I went today after church, camera in hand...oh gosh, I hear the ice cream truck, anyway, camera in hand and walmart was closed. It was about 10 till 12 so I guess they closed earlier than noon. They weren't supposed to close until tonight. I needed my blood pressure meds. Oh well LOL.
I locked myself out of my house today. I had gone to my back patio to eat my lunch and the sliding door locked after me. I had to call my mom to bring me a spare key (I went to mamaw's across the street to call). She coerced me into helping her clean her yard. Basically I just watched her. Then she came to help me in my yard. All the pots and the bbq are put up.
I have all my food, stuff to drink, and my yard is all picked up. Seems as if I am all set. I am trying to wash dishes, clothes, and clean the bathrooms, then I will shower and dress. I don't know when the power will go off. I may not be in touch before that though. My dsl only works when the wind blows the right way. I am hearing this storm will be one of the worst if it doesn't lose some strength. My house is on the emergency flight path between here and New Orleans. There have been helicoptors flying all day. I guess they are evacuating the critical. I know my church was housing two nursing homes. Anyway, if you are in the storms path, stay safe. If you are not in the storms path, please pray for those who are.

2 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Keep yourself safe Marjean. Will be praying for everyone and will keep checking till you are back up.

Kathy

Sandy said...

Still praying for you all. I hope everything is well with you there. I'm watching it from here. We still have power here for now and no damage. Keep in touch when you can.