Sunday, October 28, 2007

Back from the Beach!

Oh man, I really didn't want to come home today. Thursday after work some friends and I headed out of reality for a short jaunt to the beach. We stopped on the way for dinner and got there and unloaded by midnight. Friday morning we got up for some quality stitching time. Lunchtime came and we had no food so we had to go out. Well, we got distracted shopping and didn't come home until after supper. We found this great restuarant a short distance from our condo that had the best burgers. There was a marina there and it was so nice to see the charters come in and enjoy the water. When we finally made it back to the condo we had some more stitch time. We finally were all in bed around 2 I guess. Saturday morning we got up and headed for Pensacola for shopping there. We went to Joann's and to Needle Delights. We got home from there around 11, then stitched and looked at our treasures. All I bought was canvas and threads to make my EGA Christmas exchange ornament. This morning we got up and left the condo and came home. I got back to BR around 6. I wish we had more time to just sit but we did OK. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Our condo was right on the beach and we could sit and look at the water all day if we wanted to. We usually kept the screen doors open so we could hear the waves crashing. All in all we had a fantastic weekend.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Must be nice! That's two weekends in a row you have left me at home while you gallavant about the nation! Glad you guys had a good time.

Sandy said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. :D

Jenny said...

That sounds like a great time! And stitching too! :)

Beth Anderson said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! What I wouldn't give for a walk on the beach right now. I'm stuck in the house for the rest of the week or until the dr. lets me out.