Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Scent of Old Roses


This is The Scent of Old Roses by Mirabilia. She is done on Picture This Plus Cherub fabric. I did this for the contest on the Mirabilia board. I way underestimated the time it would take me to finish this. I have been working on her since Sept. 1. It took me FOREVER to put all those beads on. I have never done a Mirabilia with so many beads! Anyway, I think she came out pretty.
One more stitching thing to mark off my list. Today I will start my current rotation of the Mirabilia RR. It is due on the 29th of this month. I still have to do my WIDSS and my Mill Hill Picket Fence for Nov, and start this new mystery sampler that I haven't even picked out threads or fabric for. I just might get it all done by the first.
Have a great day!

8 comments:

Kathy A. said...

I had never seen that piece before. She is absolutely stunning and you have done a wonderful job. All those beads were worth it in the end, weren't they

Chelle said...

Gorgeous! I'm not a big fan of sparkle, but this is really pretty. You did a great job!

Beth Anderson said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I use to spend every waking hour stitching, but I fell and tore my right bicep tendon. I haven't stitched since. I'm sure the gals at the local shop wonder what happened to me. I was one of their best customers.

Ranae said...

Wow! She's gorgeous.
Awesome job!

Theresa said...

Having seen it in person I can say it is truly beautiful. Great job!

Jenny said...

Wow she looks great! :)

Sharon said...

Gorgeous finish Marjean! Congrats.

Needlearts Kelly said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations on a great finish!