Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Quaker Garden


I finished Quaker Garden by Blackbird Designs over the weekend. It is stitched on Garden State Java. I am not really a fan of Blackbird but for some reason this one appealed to me. I think I am going to quit using my iron. When I ironed it, I was using the steam and a big pool of water has now turned into a big water spot on my fabric. Every time I iron something it gets messed up. It will be OK once it is framed, you won't be able to see it at all. I guess I could mist the entire thing, adding more spots to give the fabric a mottled effect.

I was in a rather meloncholy mood last night. My good friends dad died and I had to go to the funeral home. I thought I would be OK but, when I got there, I realized that the visitation was in the same room that my dad was in. I got chills when I was standing in there. I know that is goofy but, that is me. Then since I was already on the upset side, I drove back to the cemetary behind the funeral home to check on my dad's grave. I cried of course. I think I don't ever go because I always get upset. This is the first time I had been in about 5 years and I pass it every day, several times. I didn't stay long because dark was approaching fast and a cemetary at dark is not really somewhere that I long to be.

I went to stitching last night at the LNS. That was nothing great with no new news. I left early to go do my funeral home stint and then met one of the ladies for dinner. At dinner, I ran into one of the girls that owns a children's shop in the shopping center my store is in. She confirmed that they are moving to this end by me but, in between them and me, there will be a donut shop. UGH! Not to mention all the donuts I will be eating, it is going to stink! I really want to email the landlord and encourage them to rent further down the shopping center, away from me.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Looks good! You know if you take stuff to Doran's to get framed she doesn't even want you to iron it. She does it all with a steamer or something and you know it comes out great! Are you gonna frame this?

Jenny said...

Your Quaker Garden looks great! :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.