Monday, February 26, 2007
STRR and 5 Things
I got Misty's RR in the mail Saturday and thought I would get right to it. I am great at procrastinating so I am trying to keep up with this one. I finished it Sunday afternoon. I think it is turning out very nice. I know this isn't the greatest of pictures but, you get the general idea.
I was at the store last night and I started thinking about the state I live in. It really gets a bad rap. We have our share of problems, Katrina and crooked politicians come to mind. I challenged myself to come up with 5 things that I love about the state that I live in. Here is what came to mind.
1. Food. We have some very unique food here. The strawberries are so good, not to mention the seafood. Where else do you eat crawfish out of the ditch? We also have gumbo and beignets. Those are just a few of my favorites. The sweet potatos are so sweet you don't have to put anything on them. I love the food (no remarks here, I know you can tell)
2. Culture. One big thing that come to mind is Mardi Gras. That is something unique to this area. Our parades are like non others. Most parades in other parts of the country, you just stand there and watch it pass. Not here. Audience participation is required. The people on the floats throw beads at you.
3. Landscape. It is very flat here. That works for me as I get extreme motion sickness. It is very pretty. There are lakes everywhere, often in the most unexpected places. There are some places you can go and be in the city on one street and the next street has nothing but acres of land with cows and horses.
It stays green almost year round. Which leads me to....
4. Weather. It is never really cold here. I mean maybe 20 days total every year is it really cold and then I am talking in the 20's. It hardly ever gets below that. Now it is hot in the summer but, I just stay inside in the air conditioning.
5. Home. Louisiana is my home. I have lived here almost my entire life. I was born in the city that I now live in. I love my state.